Saturday 2 April 2016

The second Makeup One- Highlighters.

 In my last Blog post I mentioned that fact that I have 10 million (OK a slight exaggeration) highlighters so it only seems fitting to write about them. I love the whole concept of a highlighter and even more I love when the light hits your highlighter and gives off the most amazing shine. When I see people moaning about how people wear too much highlighter, I actually get the fear for them. How can one wear too much highlighter? I would bathe in highlighter if it made me look as good as my cheekbones and brow bones. I am obsessed. I have so many I don't even know where to begin...

 Obviously Benefits Watts Up featured in my March favourites so I don't want to go into loads of detail about that one again, so head over to my last blog post to read more about it. But yes this is one of my favourite highlighters. It's a liquid to powder finish, it has a sponge on the other end of it so it's easy to blend, it leaves a matte finish in my opinion, I use it everyday and it lasts so long. The price and where to find it is on my last blog post.
Watts Up! 


Witth Flash on.













 Keeping with Benefit I have two more highlighters from there. There is Girl Meets Pearl and the first thing I will say about this is I love the packaging it comes in, I know we get told not to judge things by appearance but as soon as I saw the purple box with the little drawing on I was enticed and so out came the purse and away went the pennies. The highlighter itself is a golden/pink colour and comes out as a liquid. you twist the bottom of the tube and the product comes out of the top and you literally need the smallest amount, I apply it straight to my face and then blend it in with either my Real Techniques foundation brush (and yes I am aware this isn't it's primary use.) Or my Real Techniques beauty blender (one of lifes greatest inventions.)  And I apply this one only to my cheekbones as that's where it's easiest to blend in my opinion.
Girl Meets Pearl.
The product comes out in small dots.













 Another bonus to this is it has lots of ingredients that are good for your skin. It has raspberry and chamomile to calm your skin, sweet almond oil to smooth your skin and sesame seed oil to hydrate the skin. If you are one of those people who likes it to be really obvious you're wearing highlighter (like me) this might not be for you because it quite a subtle highlight once it's all blended in so I tend to pair it with one other of my highlights (any of them, not a particular one.) But if you're into the minimilist makeup look then this will be perfect for you as it leaves a very subtle, dewy glow. Another annoying thing is that if you twist it literally a second too long loads of product will come out and you're left with excess which is a waste and at the price that is not what you want. I do like this highlighter but it is a very subtle shade and I probably won't re purchase this once it's run out but I haven't had it very long so I will give it a chance. If you want to give this one a try it's priced at £24.50 and you can get it here.
It's quite hard to see the product here, hence the red circle.


 I will go into Benefit and every time I will know what I want to buy and I tell myself I will only get what I need and as soon as I get in there I'm like a child in a toy shop, I just want everything. So when I last went into my local Benefit it was only to get my eyebrows done but I ended up leaving with almost £100 worth of new products to try. And the next one is a new product and is named Dandelion Shy Beam Liquid Highlighter and it's another matte highlight in a nude/pink shade. When I was buying this I was told it was really good if you're into strobing. I personally don't strobe but I do contour so pop this on under my eyes in an upside down triangle when I contour and it instantly makes my eyes look brighter. If you're after a shimmer finish then obviously this one won't be for you either. But it comes in a little bottle with a brush that's almost like a nail varnish. This makes it so easy to highlight your eyebrow bone but I find it annoying when applying to my cheek bones because I'm constantly dipping it back in the bottle. (That is just me being fussy though.) Once applied I again blend with my Real Techniques beauty blender. This is definitely great if you don't want a shimmer finish or if you're looking to strobe/contour and it blends out so well. It's priced at £19.50 and can be found here.
Product. (With flash.)
Applicator.
Dandelion Shy Beam.

 Moving away from Benefit and onto Revolution. I have a highlight palette of theirs which I absolutely love. It doesn't have a name on the packaging but on the website it says it's called "Take The Light With You."
Revolution Highlight Palette.

 It comes with three different highlights (their three best selling ones) in the shades Peach Lights, Pink Lights and Golden Lights. I am literally obsessed with this palette. The colours are so pigmented so show up so well when applied. I apply them just to my cheek bones with my Real Techniques Contour Brush and they show up so well and leave the most amazing shimmer finish when blended. When I use any of the highlighters above I normally pair this one on top to add a shimmer. My favourite shade is definitely Pink Lights followed by Peach lights as you can probably tell from my palette though they've all been well used. I use these pretty much everyday and can't express enough how amazing they are aswell, they last all day/night and at £8.00 are so affordable and you're getting three different highlights so it's definitely worth the money. Head here to pick up your own palette, the only downside is they sell out alot but at the price and how good they are that isn't that surprising.
Peach Lights, Pink Lights, Golden Lights.
With flash.
Peach Lights, Pink Lights, Golden Lights.
With flash.













Peach Lights, Pink Lights, Golden Lights.
Without flash.

Peach Lights, Pink Lights, Golden Lights.
Without flash.




   The final one is one that I'm recommending you avoid and I questioned whether or not to include it at all because it's so awful but I don't want people wasting their money like I did. Albeit it was very cheap so I'm not that upset. The highlighter in question is the Technic Get Gorgeous Highlighting Powder.
Technic Get Gorgeous Highlighting
Powder.


I got this off the Boohoo website for £3 so is obviously very affordable but in my eyes that is where the pros begin and end. I bought this because the photo on the website makes it look so beautiful with a lovely shimmering effect. Again this is why we shouldn't judge things based on looks alone. When I got it I was immediately disappointed because the shimmering like shown on the website didn't come across at all but I didn't want to dismiss it straight off the bat. I tried it out and it comes out as a matte white powder and once blended makes next to no difference. So this was put in my makeup basket and doubt it will be brought back out. But if unlike me this sounds like something you'd want to try out head here.
Without flash.
With flash.









Product with flash.
(Again quite hard to see, but this is
due to the product.)


So maybe 10 million highlighters was an exaggeration but I definitely have more than one girl needs. Like I said I pair most of the matte highlights with my Revolution Palette just because I personally like a shimmer finish but if you don't use any of the matte ones alone and they will give you the finish you want. I like all of these highlights (except the Boohoo one) so would definitely recommend them all depending on what you're after, they all do what they say on the product, it's just all about the finish you're after. I hope this has been helpful for you all.

 Now I've got into the flow of things I'm hoping to up the Blog posts but this could just jinx it all as it's about finding free time, something I struggle to do. But I'm enjoying this so much that I will find the time. If there's anything you want a blog post on please let me know, I'm open to anything. As always thank you for taking the time to read, I really do appreciate it. Feel free to comment and follow. I shall be back with my next post soon. Until then see you.
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment