Friday 15 April 2016

The Second Hair One- Heat Protection Sprays.

 Hi there guys, I've had a hectic week so not sure where and when I'll get chance to post this but it's only a quick one. I am constantly on the hunt for heat protection sprays. As I said in a previous post I have naturally curly hair that I wear straight everyday and have done for years. This means I'm constantly blow drying and straightening it putting it under immense heat. Therefore I need a good defence for it.
 My biggest concern when I buy heat defence sprays is that sometimes they can make my hair look greasy, which is the biggest pain with my freshly washed hair. This might be because I'm spraying it too close to my head or using too much? I'm not entirely sure but I tend to follow the instructions on the bottle so this shouldn't be a huge problem.
The two heat protection sprays I'm using at
the moment.
 The first one is from the Lee Stafford range. As you might be aware I'm not the biggest fan of his products and this is mainly down to the smell of them. I did liken his Poker Straight conditioner to nit lotion in sense of the smell. This product also has that same smell but I shall bypass this as it works. The product I'm talking about is the Poker Straight- Flat Iron spray. This product says it has heat protecting agents in to protect against the immense heat from straighteners. It also has Green Tea which is an antioxidant in, it also has Pantheol in that provides long lasting moisture which is what my hair desperately needs. Finally it has a holding agent in to fix the poker straight hair. While I agree it makes your hair feeling soft and sleek, I don't think it does anything to keep my hair staying straight. I'll use this and by the end of the day my hair will be trying to wave. This could be because my hair is so curly that this product isn't strong enough to stop the curl returning.
 It sprays in evenly, but I find I have to dry my hair straight away or the products drys in a way that makes my hair looks greasy so then once I've finished straightening I'm having to go back and dry shampoo it, which annoys me as I've just washed my hair. I won't be buying this again mainly for the reason it doesn't keep my hair straight which is what I bought the product for and as I said in a previous post I can't stand the smell. But I have read other reviews from people who love the smell so this could just be me? If you do want to try it out head here and you can get it for £6.49, so is reasonably priced. Plus at Boots there is 3 for 2 across all haircare products at the moment.
Lee Stafford Flat Iron Protection Shine Mist.

 The second product is Garnier Ultimate Blends- Heat Protection Milk. It's for fragile hair which I'd say mine definitely is and it detangles hair (every curly haired persons dream.) It also protects the hair from heat of up to 230 degrees. It has protective Rice Cream and Oat Milk which is apparently what protects it from the heat. This is also one of the reasons I bought it I liked the fact it sounded like most of the ingredients were natural and organic. It also says it leaves hair feeling softer, easier to style and shinier. I definitely agree with the first two but I can't say it looks any shinier but that might just be my hair. I love the fact that once I've applied it (to damp hair before drying) it feels so light, it feels like I haven't put anything in my hair whereas with some products I feel like it weighs my hair down. Another thing I absolutely love about this product is the smell. It leaves my hair smelling so lovely, the scent of things I put in my hair is a big deal breaker and this one is definitely worth it. I get whiffs throughout the day and it's literally a dream to smell, unlike the Lee Stafford one.
 I don't really have any negatives it does everything it says on the bottle except making my hair look shiny, the only downsize I'd say if I was pushed to give one is that it's quite a small bottle so I'm not expecting it to last long but I will definitely re buy this one. If anything just for that smell.
 It's really affordable at £4.49 and you can get it here where there's also a 3 for 2 offer on all haircare products at the moment. I would definitely recommend. It does say on the bottle not to spray in dry hair, I'm not sure why and haven't found this one as with my Lee Stafford one you can spray it on hair before straightening aswell as before drying. But to be honest it doesn't feel like it's needed after drying anyway, a little goes a long way.
Garnier Ultimate Blend Heat Protection Milk.

 What heat styling sprays do you guys use? I'm not worried about cost as it seems a small price to pay for the protection of my locks. I have also just done a huge haul on my favourite conditioning range the OGX products, so my next hair post will be featured on that but may be in a while as I need time to try them all out and see how I feel about them. But I'm very excited about it. As always feel free to follow me on Instagram and Twitter. Leave any comments and follow. Speak soon.
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment